Rev. Constance D. Knight
Pastor of Welcome Chapel Baptist Church in Albany, NY.
Rev. Charles U. Barber
Pastor of New Hope Baptist Church in Troy, NY.
PURPOSE OF THE HRFMBA
1. Practice evangelism through the preaching of the kingdom of God as revealed through Jesus Christ.
2. Developing and promoting Christian education programs.
3. Building a strong Christian fellowship among member churches.
4. Supporting Home and Foreign Missions.
5. Giving moral, spiritual, ethical and financial support to our denomination’s causes.
6. Encouraging Baptist Church Unity within and beyond the Association’s boundaries.
7. Engaging social action issues and concern.
CONGRESS OF CHRISITAN EDUCATION
1. Convenes a 5th Sunday Retreat to inspire Christian disciples towards Christian.
2. Stimulate a dynamic missionary spirit.
3. Sponsor Classes during the Association’s year for instruction and sharing of knowledge through the Christian Leadership Schoo.
4. Encourage the adoption and use of efficient teaching methods and procedures by member churches.
5. Encourage a working relationship between the Congress of Christian Education and its member churches.
6. Encourage, train and support people of all ages in their potential growth and development.
Rev. Dr. Shanell Turpin, President
Associate Pastor, Second Baptist Church in Catskill, NY
Rev. Glendora Battle, Vice President
Associate Minister, Welcome Chapel Baptist Church in Albany, NY
Sunday school Summary Spring Quarter:
Sunday school Summary Summer Quarter:
Dr. Alice Roberson
Deacon, Welcome Chapel Baptist Church in Albany, NY
Dean of the Congress of christian education
The Dean is responsible for coordinating Christian Leadership School classes. The Dean shall ensure that all of the Association’s schools are registered and certified by the Sunday School Board. The Dean also ensures that all teachers are certified to teach CLS classes per National Baptist Sunday School Board guidelines.
1. Call together missionary women’s ministry to develop programs and activities designed to enhance Christian fellowship; and seek to inspire discipleship, fellowship as we as enhance the spiritual life of each woman.
2. Sponsor classes and workshops during the Association year for instruction and haring of knowledge on how to advance the missionary task at home and abroad.
3. Explore resources to support and encourage each woman with an opportunity to discover and use their spiritual gifts to help others learn more of and become disciples of Christ.
4. Encourage and support an atmosphere for education and spiritual growth through providing the use of efficient teachers and leadership methods and procedures designed to help each woman become more spiritually mature.
Mrs. Ayesha Smith, President
Faith Tabernacle Baptist Church in Glens Falls, NY
DIT Catherine Shorts, Vice President
Mt. Olive Southern Missionary Baptist Church in Albany, NY
1. Unify and inspire men towards Christian leadership.
2. Stimulate a dynamic missionary spirit within their respective churches.
3. Sponsor classes during the Association year for instruction and sharing of knowledge on how to advance the missionary task at home and abroad.
4. Encourage the adoption and use of efficient teaching and leadership methods and procedures for use by member churches.
5. Encourage young, support and help them develop their potential and growth carrying out the work of the ministry.
Deacon Leonard Davis, President
Oak Grove Baptist Church in Troy, NY
Deacon Samuel Walker, Vice President
Morning Star Baptist Church in Albany, NY
Young people's ministry
This ministry is composed of an Advisory Council consisting of members from each adult ministry. This Council shall, according to the HRFMBA By-laws:
1. Oversee the development of a Young People’s Ministry
2. Be responsible for providing, supporting and directing and implementing programs, and trainings that shall facilitate the growth and potential in carrying out the work of the Young People’s ministry.
ushers and nurses ministry
1. Enlist, coordinate and cultivate the energies, talents and efforts of the Ushers of the Association.
2. Encourage the adoption and use of efficient teaching and leadership meeting procedures by members of Ushers and Nurses.
3. Inspire Christian leadership and encourage an understanding of Biblical foundations of the Ushers and Nurses.
4. Assist in their development of practical knowledge of doctrines, polity and practices as found within the Baptist Church.
5. Sponsor classes during the Association year of instruction and sharing on how to serve the Association and their individual churches.
6. Cultivate and maintain a working relationship between all Association Ushers and Nurses’ Ministries.
7. Promote and supervise the Young People’s Usher and Nurses’ Ministries; support and encourage the development of their potential for the perpetuation of the work of Christ.
Thomasine Doyle, President
Second Baptist Church in Catskill, NY
Joyce Williams, Vice President
Mt. Olive Southern Missionary Baptist Church
The Reverend Dr. George L. Burns Scholarship Fund
The Reverend Dr. George L. Burns Scholarship Fund is committed to assisting high school students affiliated with a member church of the Hudson River Frontier Missionary Baptist Association to fulfill their dreams, goals and aspirations, and to improve their quality of life, as well as the faith community, through a college education. The Reverend Dr. George L. Burns Scholarship Fund will provide financial support to students who are participating members in one or more activities sponsored by the Association through its 5th Sunday Retreats, Young People’s Ministry, Ushers and Nurses Auxiliary, Laymen’s Auxiliary, Christian Leadership School and/or other activities.
Mrs. Elaine Oates, Scholarship Chairperson
Faith Tabernacle Baptist Church
Must be a candidate for graduation from an accredited public or private high school in the Capital District and is active in his/her church, school and community, as well as a participant in activities sponsored by the Association.
Must provide a current photograph.
Must fully complete the Reverend Dr. George L. Burns Scholarship Fund application. Please be sure that all of the information on the application is completed in black or blue ink and a parent or guardian signs the application.
Provide a letter of recommendation from each of the following: your Pastor, your Sunday School
Superintendent and an Officer of the Hudson River Frontier Missionary Baptist Association – for a total of three letters.
Submit a typed, 2 to 4 paged, double-spaced autobiographical sketch and incorporate your responses to at least two of the essay questions.
Candidates may also attach a resume if they wish.
Submit a copy of your original acceptance letter from an accredited two or four-year college or university or a technical/vocational institution for the 2023-2024 school year.
Dear Hudson River Applicant:
Thank you for taking an interest in the Warren & Denyse Mackey Foundation Scholarship Award. The Foundation was formed in April 2021 by Founders and Board Members Denyse Mackey, Madison Mackey and Makayla Mackey, to honor the legacy of their husband and father, Warren A. Mackey who passed away February 1, 2021.
We encourage high school seniors who meet the following criteria to apply:
High School senior and readiness to graduate
Acceptance in post-secondary education at an accredited institution
Demonstrated faith, leadership and active community service and/or church involvement
A completed and signed application, with college admission letter, letter of intent to
attend college, one letter of recommendation and personal essay must be received by June 21, 2022.
Please mail your completed application to Lady Elaine Oates, 103D Deer Run Drive, Hudson Falls, NY 12839, 518-588-2511, if you have any question please call. Submission must be post marked no later than June 21, 2023.
Hudson River Frontier Missionary Baptist Association
The Reverend Dr. George L. Burns Scholarship Fund
Rev. Dr. Roxanne Jones Booth
Global Mission Chair
Global Missions ministry
The purpose of this ministry is to engage churches in our association to participate in God’s plan for world-wide redemption.The coordinator of this ministry will identify mission opportunities for the Association to engage. Opportunities can include financially contributing to mission projects and/or organizing mission teams to partner with international groups. The coordinator will also be the liaison with our state convention’s mission initiatives.